Browse by chapter (PDF format)
Facts and Figures
- more than 4.9 million people received aid in the form of food and over 3.1 million received aid in the form of essential household and hygiene items;
- the ICRC's water, sanitation and construction projects benefited more than 21.9 million people – the majority of whom were women and children;
- almost 6.8 million patients received treatment at ICRC-supported health facilities;
- ICRC delegates visited over half a million detainees in 75 countries and at five international courts;
- the ICRC handled over 275,000 Red Cross messages, enabling family members separated by hostilities and other crises to restore contact, with 46,000 of the messages being exchanged between detainees and their families;
- the organization facilitated over 219,000 phone calls between family members, often between detainees and their relatives.