Facts and Figures
- More than 6.2 million people received aid in the form of food and close to 2.8 million received aid in the form of essential household and hygiene items;
- The ICRC's water, sanitation and construction projects benefited some 22 million people – the majority of whom were women and children;
- Over 7.1 million patients received treatment at ICRC-supported health facilities;
- ICRC delegates visited over half a million detainees in 97 countries, including detainees under the jurisdiction of international courts and tribunals;
- The ICRC handled over 279,000 Red Cross messages, enabling family members separated by hostilities and other crises to restore contact, with 50,000 of the messages being exchanged between detainees and their families;
- The organization facilitated over 209,000 phone calls between family members, often between detainees and their relatives.
Browse by chapter (PDF format)