Soldier enhancement: New technologies and the future battlefield
As part of the Humanitarium Research and Debate Cycle on New Technologies and the Modern Battlespace, the ICRC Australia Mission hosted a panel discussion on 'New technologies and the future battlefield', focusing on soldier enhancement. Watch the webcast here.
Where: Lecture Theatre G08, Melbourne Law School, 185 Pelham Street, Carlton, Australia
When: 27.05.2014, 17:30 - 19:30
Dr Helen Durham (incoming Director of International Law and Policy for the ICRC) moderated a discussion on the challenging legal and ethical questions involved, with:
- Dr Rain Liivoja, Project Director, Asia Pacific Centre for Military Law
- Group Captain Ian Henderson, Royal Australian Air Force and Deputy Director, Asia Pacific Centre for Military Law, and
- Dr Ned Dobos, Lecturer, UNSW Canberra.
The event was supported by Australian Red Cross and the Asia Pacific Centre for Military Law.
Follow the First Research & Debate Cycle: keep informed of upcoming events, podcasts, interviews and reference documents on New Technologies and the Modern Battlespace
- New technologies and warfare - International Review of the Red Cross, issue No. 886
- New technologies and IHL - Thematic page
- Cyber warfare - Thematic page
- Law and Policy Platform - ICRC's platform for training, research and debate on humanitarian law and action
- Humanitarium - The international forum for exchange and debate on humanitarian law, policy and action
- IHL and the challenges of contemporary armed conflicts - Report