01-04-2013 Job Opportunity Ref. fd-nurse
ICRC hospital ward nurses work as part of the surgical/medical team providing hospital services to victims directly or indirectly affected by conflicts. The patients are men, women and children suffering from trauma, surgical and medical emergencies. The hospital team is multinational and works alongside locally hired personnel.
- Ideal age : 30 to 50 years
- Available for a period of minimum 6 months.
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- A minimum of 5 years solid professional experience in nursing including actively working as a nurse at least for the last 3-years, paediatrics, obstetric-gynaecology, surgery, medicine
- Excellent command of English
- Driving licence (must cover manual transmission - a licence for automatic transmission vehicles only is not sufficient)
- Valid nursing registration in your home country is essential
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Able to work under pressure in a multinational team
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to work in a team and supervise others
- Flexible and positive professional able to adapt to changes and a challenging environment The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an independent humanitarian organization