Profession: operating theatre nurse French and/or English-speaking
01-06-2012 Job Opportunity Ref. fd-ot-nurse
The operating theatre nurse is at the core of developing and implementing good practice in the operating theatres of hospitals where the ICRC works.
S/he assesses training needs, develops plans of action and draws up training programmes with local personnel.
The job involves promoting quality care for patients in the operating theatre by:
- drawing up the list of operations;
- ensuring that disinfection and sterilization procedures are carried out properly and safely;
- ensuring compliance with hygiene and safety standards regarding the handling of sharps, fire safety, waste management, etc.;
- improving management procedures;
- assisting and supporting local nursing staff in the day-to-day organization of operating theatres;
- ensuring that instruments and equipment are maintained regularly.
- Valid nursing registration in your home country is essential
- availability for a period of minimum 6 months
- good command of English and/or French;
- diploma or certificate in theatre nursing;
- at least five years’ post-qualification experience;
- experience of humanitarian work would be an asset;
- driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles).
- strong motivation for humanitarian work;
- sense of responsibility and discernment;
- organizational skills;
- experience in managing and running a multi-cultural team;
- aptitude for and interest in supervision and training;
- ability to work both independently and in a team;
- willingness to work under pressure and under dangerous conditions.