Communications and Change Manager
11-03-2014 Job Opportunity Ref. com-fad-chf
The People Management Program (PMP) is a strategic initiative that will enhance the ICRC’s capacity to protect the lives and dignity of people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance by ensuring that it has the best possible people in all locations across the world, that its staff feel well managed, motivated and supported and that there is an HR function that is fit for purpose.
The primary purpose of the Communications and Change Manager is to initiate, oversee and coordinate communications on behalf the HR department in general and the PMP in particular. The priority will be to ensure the timely communication and engagement of staff during different stages of the PMP and the implementation of the various projects.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, proven project management competencies and experience in managing change. Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and have ICRC or Red Cross Red Crescent Movement experience, in particular in the field of communication.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ensures consistency, coordination and proper sequencing in the dissemination of both the overall programme and specific project information and communications, both for the PMP and major change initiatives within the HR department
- Develops communication and change management materials for HR and the programme such as presentations, interactive FAQs, PMP updates, articles
- Develops and uploads regular content about the PMP on the intranet and manages the PMP intranet pages through close liaison with the relevant departments
- Liaises with the Communication department to ensure consistency with established best practices, complementarity and proper sequencing and synergy with other institutional projects in internal communication
- Ensures that there is a good understanding of the PMP, its implications and advantages for all those affected
- Supports the Programme Manager and the Director of HR providing relevant information on change management, to inform high level programme decisions
- Pro-actively advises the PMP and HR team, project leads as well as the HR team, on change management issues, providing strategic communication support where necessary
Stakeholder planning and management
- Conducts and updates evidence-based stakeholder analysis devising targeted communication approaches for the different stakeholder groups of each project
- Establishes formal and informal stakeholder feedback mechanisms and conducts regular stakeholder research to inform project policies and decisions
- Anticipates key stakeholder challenges and issues associated with the various programme initiatives and ensures that there is an appropriate level of engagement, communication and support to enable implementation challenges and concerns to be addressed both locally and centrally
- Records, monitors and analyses programme trends based on stakeholder feedback, sharing this information with the programme management to inform policy and decision
Required skills and experience
- Strong ability to creatively turn strategic orientations into effective communications and change plans with practical ability to implement
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, engaging and concise manner
- Ability to address employee issues and questions in a supportive, authentic and transparent way
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills, in English, with the ability to at least converse in French
- Strong interpersonal engagement and relationship management skills
- Track record of successful stakeholder engagement in a variety of contexts
- Knowledge of a broad range of communication techniques and tools with technical skills in delivering communications outputs
- Work experience in change management, communications and/or organizational development
- ICRC or Red Cross Red Crescent Movement experience is highly desirable, in particular in the field of communication
Length of assignment: 2 years extendable
Beginning of assignment: asap
If this post interests you and you meet the requirements set out above, do not hesitate to submit your application before 8 April 2014.