20-07-2014 Job Opportunity Ref. fd-psy
ICRC Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Programs / No family based positions
- To assess Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) needs of populations in areas of armed conflict or other situations of violence.
- To develop/design MHPSS programs/projects, in accordance with the ICRC health strategy.
- To develop MHPSS training programs and manuals, in accordance to socio-cultural contexts.
- To manage/Implement MHPSS programs.
- To supervise/follow up and monitor MHPSS programs.
- Ready to accept non family postings during the first 24 months of collaboration
- Excellent knowledge of French and/or English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of other languages (Spanish, Arabic, and Russian) is an asset.
- Psychologist or Psychiatrist
- Experience with populations from different cultures; minimum 2 years of field experience required.
- Experience/knowledge in training process and supervision.
- Experience in team management.
- Experience in community-based approach and in implementing mental health and psychosocial support activities.
- Manual driving license (automatic transmission not valid)
- Extensive knowledge and experience on models of MHPSS interventions.
- Extensive knowledge on public mental health approach and prevention/promotion treatment models in MHPSS.
- Skills and demonstrated activity in the area of planning for mental health and/or community based MHPSS interventions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in psychological-psychosocial response to victims of sexual violence is highly desired and an asset
- Knowledge and experience of psychological and psychosocial difficulties and response related to families of missing persons is desirable
- Knowledge and experience on mental health and psychosocial consequences of violence
- Knowledge and experience of responding to mental health consequences of torture and ill-treatment
- Experience on integrated health response, providing mental health services in integration with medical services
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Communication aptitude, open-mindedness, creativity, pro-activity
- Excellent analysis, writing and reporting skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ensuring effective use of resources
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary settings
- Mastery of office software applications: Word, Excel, Power point, ability to use different search engines
Average length of assignments: 12 months