Profession: internal auditors
18-12-2012 Job Opportunity Ref. hq-inter-audit
- One with strong Internal Audit experience
- One with strong ICRC field experience
- One with strong IT experience
Purpose of the post:
The ICRC's Internal Audit Unit is one of the organization's statutory bodies charged with exercising general oversight. It is independent of the Directorate and reports directly to the Assembly.
Assess the effectiveness of the ICRC’s risk-management, internal control and oversight processes at headquarters and in the delegations.
As a member of a team of six, the successful candidate will be called upon to perform the following tasks on the basis of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing:
- Conduct audits at headquarters and in delegations :
- Following a risk assessment, define the scope of the audit
- Assess the governance, risk management and internal control processes
- Verify compliance with applicable laws, policies, rules and procedures
- Assess that the organisation’s resources are acquired in an economical manner, used efficiently and are adequately safeguarded
- Issue a report with recommendations and follow up on them
- Contribute to the thinking and strategies of the Internal Audit unit
- Maintain high quality work standards.
- University graduate or equivalent
Internal auditor 1: strong Internal Audit experience
- Certified in internal or external audit (CIA, CFE, CISA an advantage)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in internal audit and/or internal control
Internal auditor 2: strong Field experience
- Management and coordination experience in the field with ICRC, sound understanding of ICRC operations including its relevant support services (logistics, administration and ICT)
Internal auditor 3: strong IT experience
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Strong experience in information systems, including 3 years as an internal auditor or internal controller.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a high-quality working relationship with a wide range of contacts (good interpersonal skills)
- Ability to work within a team but also independently
- Common sense and objectivity
- Ability to set objectives and establish priorities so as to achieve a high degree of organizational quality
- Ability to apply rules and methods consistently
- Discretion, rigor and attention to detail
- Ability to analyse complex relationships in the context of the big picture
- Finance and Information systems literacy
- Interest in technical field (telecom, hardware, health…)
- Desire to work in a multicultural humanitarian environment
- Excellent French and English (proficiency in another language would be an asset)
- Ability to undertake field missions at minimum 30% working time.
Internal auditors will be required to perform audit activities outside their area of specialization (depending on the audit mission objectives and scope). Adequate training will be provided.
Therefore, applications for the positions will be accepted through the same portal.
Minimum length of assignment: 4 years, renewable
Starting date: April 2013
Deadline: 15 January 2013