Profession: HR administrator
30-01-2013 Job Opportunity Ref. hq-rh-admin
Purpose of the post
The human resources administrative assistant helps recruiters and the recruiting units with all the tasks related to the process of recruiting new ICRC staff. Administrative management and follow up throughout the recruitment cycle.
The human resources administrative assistant works for the Recruitment Unit and reports directly to the Unit head.
You will be responsible for:
- publishing vacancy notices in coordination with the recruiters (on the intranet, ICRC website, external job websites, etc.);
- receiving and acknowledging receipt of applications;
- making an initial application sift based on established criteria and passing on the retained applications to the recruiting units;
- organizing and scheduling interviews and language tests (at headquarters or in delegations) in conjunction with the managers of the recruiting units and the HR managers;
- requesting additional information (e.g. family commitments, salary) as required;
- compiling applicants' files (requesting and checking certificates, qualifications, police records and other paperwork);
Qualifications and experience
- Federal Certificate of Proficiency (certificat fédéral de capacité) in business or equivalent qualification.
- Personnel management assistant certificate (Certificat d'assistant-e en gestion du personnel) would be a major asset.
- At least three years' human resources experience, ideally working in a recruitment unit.
- Mastery of French and English (written and spoken) is essential (other languages would be an asset).
- Very good knowledge of standard IT tools and MS Office.
- Organizational skills, precision.
- Flexible and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
Minimum length of assignment: 4 years
Start date: Early March, date to be agreed.
Deadline: 25 February 2013