- Hague Convention for the protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict, 1954.
- First Protocol to the Hague Convention, 1954.
- Second Protocol to the Hague Convention,1999
- Protocol I additional to the Geneva Conventions, 1977 – art. 53
- Protocol II additional to the Geneva Conventions, 1977 – art. 16
30-09-1999 | International Review of the Red Cross | Jean-Marie Henckaerts
The entry into force of the Second Protocol to the 1954 Hague Convention is the most recent step forward in the legal protection of cultural property during armed conflict. This article explains the background to the adoption of the Protocol and gives a detailed analysis of the significance of the new rules introduced by this instrument.
30-06-2004 | International Review of the Red Cross | Vittorio Mainetti
International Review of the Red Cross More articles
Special issue of the Review