Development of international humanitarian law
- Preparation of international humanitarian law topics for the 31st International Conference
- International Humanitarian Law and the challenges of contemporary armed conflicts
- Strengthening legal protection for victims of armed conflicts – States' consultations and way forward
- Strengthening legal protection for victims of armed conflicts
- The International Committee of the Red Cross: its mission and work
- How does humanitarian law adapt to new developments and what is the ICRC's role in the process?
This article is based on an address before the United States Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island, on June 26, 2003, as part of a conference on "Current Issues in International Law and Military Operations".
01-05-2004 | Israel Yearbook on Human Rights, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers | Jean-Philippe Lavoyer
International Review of the Red Cross More articles