Facts and Figures
In 2010, the ICRC:
- handled more than 305,000 Red Cross messages enabling family members to exchange news – 51,000 of these messages were to or from detainees;
- facilitated 21,000 phone calls between family members;
- registered over 2,000 unaccompanied/separated children, including 627 former child soldiers;
- reunited more than 1,600 children with their families;
- published the names of more than 64,000 people via www.familylinks.icrc.org who were either trying to contact relatives and friends or being sought by relatives.
Over 832,000 people contacted ICRC offices around the world for advice or services related to protection and family links.
In images More images
Publications More publications
International Review of the Red Cross More articles
Red Cross Red Crescent Magazine