The ICRC in Chad
Facts and Figures
- Over 4,200 detainees were monitored in 19 places of detention.
- Some 5,900 families in eastern regions affected by the fighting received economic assistance.
- More than 16,000 Chadian migrants were able to contact their families after fleeing Libya, thanks to family-links services set up with the Red Cross of Chad in Faya Largeau.
- The lives of over 1,100 people were saved thanks to emergency surgery carried out by the ICRC team at Abéché regional hospital.
- A total of 4,538 amputees, including persons injured in past conflicts, regained their dignity and mobility through limb-fitting and physical rehabilitation programmes.
- Over 4,500 members of the armed and security forces received training in international humanitarian law.
In images More images
Red Cross Red Crescent Magazine
International Review of the Red Cross More articles