The ICRC in Niger
In images More images
Facts and Figures
Between October 2012 and March 2013, the ICRC ...
provided food and lodging for over 3,700 migrants in a centre run by the Red Cross Society of Niger;
- dug 51 wells to provide water for livestock and irrigation, benefiting 1,700 farmers in Tchirozérine and Timia;
- helped Tchirozérine health district to run vaccination programmes at six health centres, for 6,400 children under 7 and 200 women;
- renovated the care and maternity units at Tchintaborak Health Centre in Aderbissanet, benefiting 10,000 people.
- worked with the Agadez regional livestock authority to vaccinate 1.3 million head of livestock and treat them against parasites;
- organized briefings for 74 students from Agadez NCO training school, 65 NCOs from the army's Dirkou Company and 50 members of the Bilma detachment of the Republican Guard.
Red Cross Red Crescent Magazine