Colombia: facts and figures
17-07-2013 Facts and Figures
Between January and March 2013 the ICRC:
- facilitated the release of eight civilians, including three Peruvian and two German citizens, and three members of the security forces who were being held by armed groups;
- provided aid for 1,099 people, both individuals and groups, who had been displaced;
- deployed and assisted a mobile health unit in which over 3,000 people received medical treatment;
- documented 63 cases of alleged violations of IHL and other fundamental rules;
- in 34 visits to 28 State detention centres, monitored the individual detention conditions of 867 people held as a result of the conflict;
- improved access to essential water and sanitation services, and community health and education infrastructure, for 1,670 people affected by the armed conflict, and
- carried out 43 activities, benefiting 878 people, to promote safe behaviour and an awareness of the rights of victims of weapon contamination.
In Colombia the ICRC has a staff of 358, including 62 expatriates.
The ICRC has 358 staff members in Colombia, including 63 expatriate staff.