The ICRC in Colombia
Facts and Figures
In the first half of 2012, the ICRC:
- facilitated the release of 11 civilians, including a French journalist, and 11 members of the armed forces who were being held by armed groups;
- provided assistance to more than 11,500 displaced persons;
- set up and supported four mobile health units that treated more than 16,000 people in conflict zones;
- documented 249 cases of alleged violations of international humanitarian law and other fundamental rules;
- individually monitored the conditions of detention of 831 conflict-related detainees in the course of 32 visits to 28 State detention facilities;
- carried out 71 activities to promote safe behaviour and raise awareness of the rights of victims of weapon contamination, in which some 2,600 people participated.
The ICRC has 358 staff members in Colombia, including 63 expatriate staff.
In images More images
Publications More publications
International Review of the Red Cross More articles