The ICRC in Bangladesh
Facts and Figures
During 2012, the ICRC:
- Collected and distributed 59 Red Cross messages containing family news, working in conjunction with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society.
- Facilitated the exchange of 76 verbal messages between Bangladeshis detained abroad and their families back home.
- Supported the establishment of a new physical rehabilitation centre in Chittagong.
- Provided training and technical assistance to the Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP), helping the Centre provide 354 orthotic devices and 35 prostheses for 389 people with disabilities.
- Discussed with the Bangladesh Armed Forces (BAF) the inclusion of international humanitarian law in their training curriculum
- Ran eight sessions to raise awareness of international humanitarian law among 486 BAF personnel.
- Conducted two 'Training of Trainers' courses for 62 members of the BAF, including 20 religious teachers.
Publications in Bangla
Publications More publications
In images More images