The ICRC in Bangladesh
Facts and Figures
In 2013, the ICRC:
Provided training and technical assistance to the Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed in Savar and Chittagong, helping the centre provide 480 orthotic devices and 150 prostheses for 630 people with disabilities.
- Conducted six training sessions for first responders (including an Islamic charity organization) and one round table, in cooperation with the national authorities, on the management of dead bodies in the wake of disaster.
Together with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society:
- Facilitated the exchange of 115 messages between Bangladeshis detained abroad and their families back home.
- Together with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, provided food and household supplies to 456 families affected by politically motivated violence in four districts of the country.
- Distributed clothing and hygiene items to more than 500 foreign detainees in Bangladesh.
- Organized a basic first-aid training course and a train-the-trainers course for 24 Bangladesh Police Service officers and Ansar & Village Defence Party members.
- Organized four basic first-aid training courses for 98 student political activists belonging to nine political parties in Chittagong and Cox's Bazaar.
Publications in Bangla
Publications More publications
In images More images