UK vacancy: Finance and human resources manager based in London
The ICRC mission in the UK and Ireland is looking to recruit a finance and HR manager for its office in London. Reporting directly to the head of mission, the successful candidate will contribute to the ICRC's work for people in need of protection and assistance by ensuring the smooth running of our offices in London and Belfast.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the administration of the ICRC's London and Belfast offices and management of human resources, finance, travel, logistics and premises
- Finance: responsible for preparing and presenting the budget, controlling the cash-flow and administering the delegation's funds
- Human resources: implements HR management systems in line with the ICRCs standard procedures according to national laws and local customs
- Supervises travel arrangements for office staff and directs the organization of internal meetings and events
- Procurement: responsible for the purchasing, stock management and maintenance of premises
- Negotiates and maintains regular contacts with senior interlocutors relevant to administrative issues
Qualifications and experience
- University degree, preferably in business administration or financial accounting
- Significant experience in a similar function, with relevant experience in finance and staff management
- Excellent computer skills
- Initiative and good leadership qualities, ability to lead and motivate staff
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deliver within deadlines
- Ability to travel occasionally to other destinations in the region
- In possession of the right to work in the UK
To submit an application, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, with full details of your qualifications, experience, current and expected salary and contact number. Applications must be submitted no later than 17 May 2013.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.