The ICRC in Lebanon
Facts and Figures
- We covered the cost of treatment for 835 Syrian refugees with weapon-related injuries and fitted 33 Syrian casualties of the fighting with artificial limbs.
- 143 hospital staff underwent training in how to deal with mass casualties and 57 surgeons learned about war-wound-management.
- 12 medical facilities received medical supplies, benefiting more than 2,400 patients.
- The Lebanese Red Cross provided 3,180 blood units for patients from Syria with financial assistance from the ICRC.
Food and other aid
- More than 34,000 refugees from Syria received aid, including 15,000 Palestinians from camps in Syria.
- We improved access to water in areas hosting Syrian refugees in north Lebanon and the Bekaa valley, to the benefit of more than 230,000 people, including some 37,650 refugees.
In images More images
International Review of the Red Cross More articles
Publications More publications