The ICRC in Lebanon
Facts and Figures
- We covered the cost of treatment for 729 Syrian refugees with weapon-related injuries and fitted 20 Syrian casualties of the fighting with artificial limbs.
- 132 hospital staff underwent training in how to deal with mass casualties and 30 surgeons learned about war-wound-management.
- 29 medical facilities received medical supplies, benefiting more than 2,400 patients.
- The Lebanese Red Cross provided 3,120 blood units for patients from Syria with financial assistance from the ICRC.
Food and other aid
- More than 27,000 refugees from Syria received aid, including 14,500 Palestinians from camps in Syria.
In images More images
International Review of the Red Cross More articles
Publications More publications