The ICRC in Syria
Facts and Figures
From January to March 2013, the ICRC:
- worked with the Syrian Arab Red Crescent to deliver food to 617, 000 people, plus household kits (mattresses, blankets, kitchen sets, hygiene kits, candles, etc.) for 204,000 people;
- ensured the continuation of renovation and upgrading work on 100 public facilities across the country where displaced people were living;
- delivered water by truck to 100,000 people;
- supported local water boards by providing water treatment supplies, spare parts and generators, ensuring that more than 2.7 million people had access to drinking water;
- delivered medical and surgical supplies, plus medicines for the treatment of chronic diseases, to health facilities on both sides.
In images More images
- Syria: facts and figures 2012
- Syria: urgent call on warring parties to respect civilians
- Syria: much more needs to be done
- Internal conflicts or other situations of violence – what is the difference for victims?
- Syria: parties to the fighting must distinguish between civilians and fighters
- Occupied Golan: nurturing ties with the rest of Syria
Publications More publications