Facts and figures
17-02-2012 Facts and Figures
During 2011, the ICRC:
- worked with the Libyan Red Crescent to distribute 165,000 packages to over 300,000 people;
- cleared over 2,000 unexploded devices and more than 1,000 rounds of small-arms ammunition;
- carried out 225 visits to 14,000 people in 100 detention facilities and provided hygiene items for 10,000 detainees.
At the end of 2011, the ICRC was still visiting 8,500 detainees in 68 facilities.
During the conflict, the ICRC:
- evacuated 122 wounded patients for medical treatment;
- deployed four field surgical teams to help Libyan surgeons treat war casualties;
- worked with the Libyan Red Crescent to reunite 3,250 families, transferring them between Tripoli and Benghazi by sea.