The Second Hague Peace Conference of 1907 revised and enlarged Convention (III) of 1899 concerning the adaptation to maritime warfare of the principles of the Geneva Convention of 1864. Most of the 14 articles of the 1899 Convention were taken over without change in the 1907 version, but several new articles were added. The number of articles doubled to 28. The new Convention was based on the Geneva Convention of 1906 whereas the earlier one had been based on the less developed Convention of 1864. New provisions are contained especially in articles 5-9, 13, 15-17, and 19-23. The Convention remained in force during both World Wars. It was replaced in 1949 by Geneva Convention (II).