Position: Humanitarian Education Program (HEP) Program Coordinator
Job Type: Program Consultant
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC Regional Delegation for East Asia covers China, DPRK, South Korea, and Mongolia. The delegation's main task is to promote awareness and implementation of international humanitarian law, the legal framework that seeks to minimize human suffering caused by war. The delegation also aims to familiarize governments, experts, national Red Cross societies and civil society with the ICRC's humanitarian work and emergency response around the world.
Purpose of the Position:
Humanitarian Education Program (formerly named Exploring Humanitarian Law, EHL) is an education program on International Humanitarian Law and related humanitarian issues designed for young persons in the 13-18 age range. (Please visit www.ehl.icrc.org for more information about the program). The ICRC has been working with the Red Cross Society of China (RCSC) and education authorities for more than ten years in piloting this program through organizing teacher/RC volunteer trainings and workshops, youth camps and seminars to increase the humanitarian awareness of the youth generation.
The HEP program coordinator will be based in the Youth Division of the RCSC headquarter to provide organizational and administrative support for the developing and expanding of the HEP program. The HEP program coordinator will be a program based contract worker.
Your Main Tasks:
- Organize (and actively participate) HEP trainings, workshops, youth camps and seminars planned and supported by the ICRC and RCSC, and other HEP related youth events organized by the program sites and RC branches.
- Prepare and draft the required official applications and documents for HEP program within the RCSC.
- Contribute to HEP program planning, implementation and follow-up.
- Coordinate with ICRC HEP program manager and HEP focal point in RCSC headquarter and branches regarding to technical and administrative related issues of HEP program.
- Under the supervision of ICRC HEP program manager to manage HEP budgets and ensure accountability and transparency in all financial dealings.
- Provide technical support including acting as the trainer for HEP trainings.
- Network with relevant interlocutors including RC staff, HEP master trainers, school principals and teachers to ensure the sustainable development of HEP program and to explore further expanding of the program.
- Regularly provide reporting on HEP activities.
- Write news release on HEP events and activities.
- Interpret during meetings/events related to HEP and youth programs
- Participate in RCSC and ICRC delegation meetings and briefings when required.
- University degree in education, communication, social study or project management or equivalent.
- At least two years' experience in program management. Managing education related program and experience in conducting training is a strong asset.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and networking skill, independent, creative and a team player.
- Knowing IHL, RCRC movement and humanitarian education program and with volunteer experience is an asset.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills and web knowledge.
- Ability to travel throughout China and work during weekends.
What We offer:
- Rewarding profession in an international organisation focusing on humanitarian and multicultural environment.
- Competitive remuneration package and generous social benefits
- Friendly and fair working environment
Anyone who is interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume in both Chinese and English to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is the 11 August 2017.