Position: Premises & Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 year
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC Regional Delegation for East Asia covers China, DPRK, South Korea, and Mongolia. The delegation's main task is to promote awareness and implementation of international humanitarian law, the legal framework that seeks to minimize human suffering caused by war. The delegation also aims to familiarize governments, experts, National Red Cross Societies and civil society with the ICRC's humanitarian work and emergency response around the world.
Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, the Premises & Maintenance Supervisor manages the overall ICRC premises, including ICRC offices, residences and warehouses. S/he ensures proper maintenance of ICRC premises and equipment, and supervises the maintenance/housekeeping team to keep the premises clean and tidy.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Deals with external interlocutors, service providers and suppliers (ie. Diplomatic Residence Compound, private landlords, electricity, housekeeping, maintenance companies, etc.)
- Participates in lease agreement renewal, negotiation and ensures a proper follow-up of the payments.
- Coordinates the proper maintenance of the overall premises and infrastructures.
- Coordinates and manages the Housekeeping team (≥10 pax) in charge of cleaning ICRC premises.
- Coordinates external interventions related to maintenance.
- Participates in the accommodation and offices capacity needs and identifies new premises accordingly.
- Supervises ordering or purchasing of related material and supply, in coordination with the logistics department and maintains related stock. Keep accurate inventory files.
- Supervises and controls premises/maintenance related expenses and service costs.
- Internally, interacts with other ICRC employees, visitors, expatriate families.
- Externally, interacts with suppliers and service providers.
- University degree in a relevant subject (e.g. administration, office management or other).
- Fluent command of English (written and spoken).
- Computer proficiency (Word documents, basic excel tables, internet and emails)
- 3 years' experience in the same field of activities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Aptitude to work in a multicultural environment
- Solution oriented, reactivity and proactivity
- Good negotiation skills and ability to represent ICRC toward external interlocutors
What we offer:
- An opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- A competitive remuneration package, with generous social benefits.
- A friendly and fair working environment.
Anyone who is interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume in both Chinese and English to firstname.lastname@example.org.