Advanced IHL Learning Series
The Advanced IHL Learning Series are a resource for lecturers and trainers who wish to keep abreast of the latest developments in international humanitarian law (IHL) and other related areas. The series help lecturers improve their knowledge of topical issues and provide teaching materials, thereby enabling them to cover these topics or issues in their courses or training sessions.
The Advanced IHL Learning Series combine theory and practice and make use of videos, reading materials and various other teaching tools. Many of the resources are taken from the 2015 edition of the Advanced Seminar in IHL for University Lecturers and Researchers. The videos feature lectures by speakers at the seminar, and discussions between them and participants. The opinions expressed by the lecturers in the series are theirs alone, and not necessarily shared by the ICRC.
Discover the series
- Series 1 – IHL and humanitarian principles
- Series 2 – Use of explosive weapons in populated areas
- Series 3 – Recent developments in the interplay between IHL and IHRL
- Series 4 – Counterterrorism, IHL and humanitarian action
- Series 5 - Creating and Teaching an IHL Course
IHL teaching tools
- Remarks on teaching international humanitarian law
- Developing stand-alone IHL courses
- ICRC online training centre
- How Does Law Protect in War? Cases, documents and teaching materials on contemporary practice in IHL
- International Review of the Red Cross