Purpose of the post
The Social Marketing Unit contributes to the positioning of the ICRC as a leader in the humanitarian field through the development and promotion of the ICRC's identity and global positioning on priority themes.
The post holder will support this effort by assisting in the development of perception/opinion research studies and other research initiatives from the field and at headquarters. She/he will also support ongoing campaigns managed by the unit.
- Assist marketing unit colleagues responsible for research projects
- Participate and contribute in planning primary research initiatives
- Contribute in drafting of research briefs and concept papers
- Contribute in drafting of questionnaires
- Set up of on-line surveys (Survey Monkey)
- Desk research on current best practices in primary research (methodology, rating scales, on-line survey providers, qualitative research etc)
- Desk research on issues of topicality and relevance to actual research projects (e.g. staff engagement, reputation management)
- Provide analysis of research data (excel tables, charts etc)
- Other support as required
Health Care in Danger:
- Assist communication focal point for the Health Care in Danger project
- Support the implementation of the social media activities linked to the HCID project
- Support the development of alerts and broadcast messages for the HCiD online platform
- Support the production of HCiD digital and print products
Education and experience required
- University degree in research, communication, public relations or related field
- Academic training in market research techniques
- Experience working for a humanitarian organisation
- Strong analytical capacity
- Understanding of market research techniques and models, digital and online research trends such as crowd sourcing and working knowledge of data analytics an asset
- Knowledge of marketing and branding practices and tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English mother tongue preferred, French or Arabic an asset)
- Well organized and detail orientated
- Ability to adapt to workload that varies and to work under pressure with very short deadlines
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement an asset
Duration: 1 year - 100%
Start Date: February 2018
The closing date for receiving applications is 30 December 2017. Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning "Social Marketing unit traineeship - Application" in the subject line.
Only applications sent to this email address will be considered. If you do not receive a reply within one month after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.