- Why is regular giving important?
Your ongoing support is crucial in allowing us to act quickly in times of crisis. It also means that we can plan more effectively for the long term and reduce our administrative costs. With your regular donation, you would be supporting our vital activities that help people rebuild their lives on a daily basis.
- How can I make a regular gift?
The easiest way to give monthly to the ICRC is to sign up on our donation page.
If you would prefer to donate regularly through your bank, you can do so by setting up a direct debit or a standing order.
If you live in Switzerland or have a Swiss bank account you can download and complete:
If you live outside Switzerland and do not have a Swiss bank account:
Please send your completed direct debit forms to the following address:
International Committee of the Red Cross
19 avenue de la Paix
If you would like to make a substantial ongoing donation, of over CHF 420 per month, you can help us reach more vulnerable people affected by conflict. Find out more about making a large gift to the ICRC.
- When in each month will my regular online gift be made?
Your first donation will be made the day that you sign up, and then on or just after the 25th of subsequent months. Your gift will not be made more than once a month.
- How can I be sure that my credit card information is safe?
We use Saferpay, an online payment system that ensures optimum security. To prevent fraud, your data are automatically encrypted before being sent to the card issuer, who then processes the payment. The padlock symbol in your web browser shows that you are in secure mode.
If you prefer, you can make a regular donation through direct debit or a standing order.
- I make a regular online gift to the ICRC, how can I change the amount that I give?
If you would like to change the amount that you donate every month, please contact us with your request.
- Can I set up a regular donation for a specific country or project?
Your regular donations will go where the need is greatest, so they will not be tied to any particular activity or area. This gives us more operation flexibility and keeps our administration to a minimum.
- My card has expired. How can I continue giving online every month?
We cannot update the card details for your regular gift. In order to continue giving every month, we ask you to sign up to our regular giving programme with your new card details.
- I would like to take a break from giving regularly online, how can I stop my contribution for the moment?
If you would like to take a break from giving regularly, please contact us with your request.
- How do I change my bank details and can I do this online?
If your bank details have changed, please contact us with your new bank details so that you can continue donating regularly.