The MSSC is looking for an Asset Management Accountant:
• Responsible for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
• Contribute to monthly and year-end closing process for the Asset Management module.
• Record asset (vehicles and generators) in AM module.
• Record asset (intangibles and building) upon completion of the project.
• Review Work in Progress accounts generated in PeopleSoft, Invoices Dashboard and JDE.
• Perform and document controls as described in the closing checklist on a monthly basis.
• Investigate the discrepancy between Asset Management and General Ledger.
• Reconcile and analyze the buffer accounts.
• Prepare an adjustment and monthly reconciliation report for self-insurance cases.
• Review other account items if they should be capitalized, retired or expensed.
• Prepare various adjustment on AM module.
• Check the delegation's annual fixed asset inventory and analyze the variance report.
• Collect the insurance values entered by the delegations in the insurance database.
• Implement and ensure respect of financial procedures and guidelines.
• Maintain a proper filing system.
• Suggest or pro-actively identify necessary process improvements.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• At least 3 years working experience as Asset/Lease Management Accountant or in a similar field
• Knowledge of Web-based Software Accounting applications (JDE, PeopleSoft and Tableau an advantage)
• Technically proficient in using Microsoft Office software (Excel and Word)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Knowledge of foreign languages is a plus (French, German, Spanish, Chinese, others)
• Capacity to interact or communicate with other units
• Strong organizational and planning skills. Able to conduct follow-ups.
• Strong analytical skills
• Trustworthy, confident, and exhibits team spirit
• Can work independently with minimal supervision
• Can work under pressure
WHAT WE OFFER
• Diverse and humanitarian-minded workforce
• An opportunity to contribute to institutional efforts to protect and assist conflict victims worldwide
• Training opportunities
• Flexible work schedule
Qualified applicants are requested to email their comprehensive and updated resume and motivation letter in one pdf file to email@example.com, following this format for the subject line: SURNAME First Name – AM Accountant.
Deadline of application: 10 Dec 2017
Start Date: January 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.