The Assistant will support the head of the department in charge of ICRC premises in ensuring smooth day-to-day transactions within and outside the department. S/he will support in the actual repair and maintenance tasks and will coordinate with the other members of the housekeeping team.
- Coordinates with suppliers, service providers, contractors, or in-house maintenance regarding repairs & maintenance of office equipment, including those in the residences
- Creates semi-annual statistical reports of electricity and water consumption in all residences and apartments
- Keeps an updated inventory of all residence and office premises supplies (smoke detectors, fire blankets, fire extinguishers, batteries, bulbs, electrical tapes, etc.), updates stocks and properly refurnishes them
- Monitors the quarterly preventive maintenance schedule for air conditioning units in the office and residences
- Assists the department head in the organization and management of keys and ensures that all keys are properly accounted for and are issued with acknowledgment receipts
- Coordinates with Globe, Meralco, PLDT, Sky broadband, Manila Water, Smart Telecom and other service providers in relation to new applications, installation, transfers, termination, and other concerns
- Receives and monitors requests in the premises database and ensures that all requests are addressed in a timely manner, and provides feedback to requestors
- Represents the team during internal and external meetings, when needed
- Coordinates with the IT department regarding issuance of door access cards
- Performs administrative tasks related to the department’s requirements, as needed
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hotel and restaurant management, marketing, or equivalent
- Minimum work experience of two years in a similar field
- Experience in administration; experience related to maintenance is an advantage
- Good computer skills and knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Amicable attitude, is approachable and detail-oriented
- Good oral communication and customer service skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Tagalog
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 31 May 2018*
Duration of contract: Fixed term up to 31 October 2018
Start date: 18 June 2018
*Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and interviews may be conducted even before the above mentioned deadline.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN Premises Assistant.
Office Address: 5/F Erechem Bldg., Salcedo corner VA Rufino Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website www.icrc.org/ph and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ICRCph.