The Buyer will be responsible for processing requests and to purchase items for other departments but primarily related to Water and Habitat. He/She also interprets technical requests related to Water and Habitat activities in the sub-delegation.
- Sources and maps suppliers, purchases and delivers orders, and processes petty purchases as requested
- Ensures purchasing procedures are followed and are in adherence to ICRC’s financial rules and Code of Conduct
A successful candidate will have:
- 2 years relevant experience in purchasing (sourcing and purchasing)
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Experience in construction/engineering project management
- Excellent organization skills
- Self-learning capabilities, is autonomous and practical
- Good communication, negotiation and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Good command of written and spoken English, Filipino and Cebuano
As an advantage, a successful candidate may have:
- Experience in using JDE, SAP or any other ERP software
THE ICRC OFFERS
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 15 January 2018*
Duration of contract: Open-ended
Contract Start: As soon as possible
*Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is successfully filled. Recruitment may close before deadline of applications.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SURNAME First name – DAV Buyer (cover letter, resume).
Office Address: 2/F Tavera Business Center, J. Camus Ext. corner Araullo Sts., Davao City 8000
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website www.icrc.org/ph and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ICRCph.