Cashier 1 is accountable for the physical processing of cash transactions and the integrity of physical cash balances in a (sub-)delegation, strictly respecting and applying the ICRC's rules on financial management.
• Handles the sub delegation's cash disbursements and payments, including salaries and working advances
• Ensures respect for financial procedures and guidelines and explains them to "clients"
• Ensures the Rules on Financial Management are complied with and that the internal financial controls are in place.
• Prepares invoices for payment
• Analyses certain field expenses and proposes corrective measures
• Monitors the accounting receipts & invoices and checks potential fraud. In case of suspected fraud, discreetly advises the supervisor.
• Makes a follow-up for the timely clearings of outstanding working advances
• Participates in cash-flow management, ensuring sufficient liquidity. Handles cash replenishment from the bank.
• Ensures all expenses have duly approved/validated SRs or Internal request.
• Regular consultation with Finance & Administration (Finance-BEN) for finance related issues.
• Secondary school or technical college.
• Fluent command of English and Arabic.
• Computer literacy
• 2 years' work experience in a similar field.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit in English, to ICRC offices in Bentiu, Juba, Malakal, Yei, Bor and Wau or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org until Monday, 28th September 2020.
1. Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application files not retained will not be returned.