The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial, and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
Are you data savvy with an interest to work for the oldest humanitarian organisation in the world?
Become our new colleague and join us as a Data Engineer.
In this role, you will provide internal support to the Data Science Service, which includes among other things the development and maintenance of internal tooling, and scalable approaches for data acquisition, transformation, analysis and machine learning, as required by the service to respond to diverse business needs.
You will work in a team as a part of the support structure based at ICRC Belgrade Shared Services Center (BSSC). Your primary objective will be to deliver state-of-the-art solutions to the data science team and end-user.
- Is accountable for designing, implementing, and maintaining ETL, data analytics and machine learning pipelines as part of the ICRC's Data Science Service
- Assists in developing and applying automated monitoring tools for data integration, data quality and data analytics, and carries out quality checks and corrective actions
- Manages the infrastructure of the Data Science Service using on-premise or cloud infrastructure
- Collaborates closely with data scientists from data sourcing through analysis to the delivery of products with a focus on process automation
- Supports the delivery and continuous improvement of data science products
- Contributes to the establishment of the ICRC's future data analytics platform and to related processes (e.g. data ingestion into the data lake and ML Ops)
- Applies best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for data and analytics
- 2+ years of work experience as a data engineer
- University degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Fluent in English
- Team worker with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with containerization software (e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience working with major cloud platforms
- Experience with SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Elasticsearch, Neo4J) databases
- Proficient with Linux
- Experience building and deploying data pipelines and machine learning models in production, and good understanding of data architecture
- Ability to understand new business processes and their interplay with software and organizational structure, and to build corresponding automated data processes
- Experience with agile development, strong process orientation and systematic approach to analytical problems
- High awareness of potential data protection and privacy implications of data analysis and data science
- Other relevant scripting and programming languages (in particular R)
- Experience with NLP
- French language knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package, including health insurance
- An open-ended contract with the possibility of partial homeworking
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and Motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.