The Assistance Division is a vast and rapidly growing operation that covers diverse areas of activity, i.e., health services, economic security, water and habitat and weapon contamination. To support its programmes across the globe, we need to be able to translate data into usable insights to better respond to the needs of beneficiaries.
This role will require strong attention to detail and a technical mindset to ensure the proper application of data policies and the coherence and harmonization of data.
- Consolidate and process field data for all the units and centralise as the ‘single source of truth’
- Assume accountability for data quality and closely monitor accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Ensure that data marts reflect the figures entered in the various system applications and the periodic narratives submitted by field offices
- Verify the proper application of division policies and data quality rules and resolve issues in collaboration with database administrators and the field
- Ensure continuity and smooth transition of data through updates or system changes
- Improve quality monitoring processes through automation, where appropriate, and optimization across the units
- Align to institutional data governance and industry best practices
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or a similar technical field
- Open to fresh graduates; having at least 1 year working experience in large multi-national organization in data management and business intelligence, and or with experience in humanitarian context is a strong advantage
- Ability to understand technical papers on complex situations and analyze quantitate information
- Interest in international affairs and humanitarian issues
- Knowledge of front-end tools such as Tableau and QlikView, RDB Programming (SQL, Oracle Rdb), statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Excel)
- Meticulous, systematic, proactive and with good relationship-building skills and a customer service mindset
- Good verbal and written communication skills, particularly with multi-cultural stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Diverse and humanitarian-minded workforce
- An opportunity to contribute to institutional efforts to protect and assist conflict victims worldwide
- Competitive salary package
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
Qualified applicants are requested to email their comprehensive resume and motivation letter in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org, following this format for the subject line: SURNAME First Name – Data Quality Officer.
Deadline of application: 15 December 2017
Start Date: 3 January 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.