Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Economic & Security Department is looking for a Database Manager to be based in its Yangon office. In close cooperation with the EcoSec Coordinator and the EcoSec teams in the different ICRC offices in Myanmar, the Database Manager will facilitate, oversee and analyses all EcoSec related data of the various EcoSec projects in Myanmar.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will record assessment and monitoring data into EcoSec forms and questionnaires in a consistent and precise manner.
- Moreover, you will responsible for proper functioning of mobile data collection through ODK, PC or any other method established in the delegation;
- You will ensure that proper data collection is carried out by the field teams, according to standard forms and procedures.
- As part of your duties, you will be responsible for cross-checking the accuracy of field payment and requisition requests submitted for approval and validation.
- You will facilitate the information flow and exchange between EcoSec Department and other departments.
- In addition, you will participate in setting up, implementing and monitoring of the various EcoSec assistance programs.
- You will responsible to cross-check and validate the data submitted for institutional reports.
To be successful as the Database Manager in the EcoSec Department, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- It is required to have a university degree in a relevant field.
- You should have at least 4 years' work experience in a similar filed of activity such as data management and reporting.
- Your communication skills should be excellent and you should be good in written and spoken English as well as Myanmar language.
- Previous ICRC experience is also a strong asset.
We expect you to have the ability to work with different groups, partners and nationalities. You should also be self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles. You should be flexible, enthusiastic and have the willingness to learn from others. You should also be able to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision. You should feel confident in communicating and coordinating with various partners and counterparts. You should have the proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines. You should be able to exercise discretion and have the ability to establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
The position will be based in Yangon with frequent travel to other ICRC offices in the country as directed. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of ethnicity, race, gender, disability or age.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members' professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Ei Ei Nyein, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
*Please indicate the Reference Number ECOSEC_YAN_2017001 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
Please send your application no later than 10 August 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.