The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC works to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC seeks applications for its future Director of Support and Digital Transformation, a leadership role responsible for ensuring the development and optimization of a coherent, user-centric, effective and efficient system of capabilities (Finance, Logistics, Technology and Global Shared Services), enabling the delivery of outcomes for affected people whilst ensuring business continuity.
The Department of Support and Digital Transformation steers and provides budgetary, financial and accounting processes. It drives the ICRC's digital transformation, building its digital response, services and engagement with affected people and communities.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in designing, leading and implementing global digital transformation strategies, under a vision aligned with the organization's strategy.
- A good understanding of data systems and the functioning of support services (particularly finance, logistics, information technology) and considerable experience in optimizing and transforming these services for a better end-user experience.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing the planning, budgeting, and financial monitoring, specifically in the provision of innovative and cost-effective operational solutions and services.
- Proven track record as a change agent who can mobilize, motivate and inspire diverse cross-functional teams to drive for results collectively.
- Ability to coordinate several high-level transformations and to pivot comfortably from "run" to "grow" to "transform", balancing strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability as an innovator with solid communication and influencing skills, who can drive transversal collaboration across departments and with the ability to disrupt and build consensus when required.
- Proven track record of collaborative leadership style.
- Fluency in English; fluency in French an asset and in additional relevant languages a distinct advantage.
- Advanced university degree.
The Director of Support and Digital Transformation is accountable for:
- Leading on transversal collaboration, alignment and orchestration to achieve Strategic Orientation #5 of the Institutional Strategy 2019-2024 - 'Embracing the digital transformation' - under the oversight of the Executive Office of the Director-General.
- Leading, developing and implementing the ICRC's digital transformation, capabilities, data, and processes; ensuring seamless collaboration with ICT and the Department of People and Culture to enable the ICRC to deliver on its mandate in a digitally-driven environment.
- Developing and implementing the Global Shared Services ecosystem to reinforce organizational performance and optimize costs across functions and geographies through end-to-end processes, digitalization and standardization.
- Developing and implementing financial and administrative policies, supervising financial operations, maintaining adequate financial controls, and ensuring the delivery of the ICRC's annual budgets and financial statements; supporting the organization's effective management and financial integrity.
- Maintaining and optimizing ICRC's logistics practices and enabling relevant supply-chain support for its operations worldwide, in collaboration with the Department of Operations.
- Developing and implementing the ICRC's information-related strategies, ensuring robust, interconnected and cost-effective backbone systems (back-end services) in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Developing and ensuring robust cybersecurity measures and practices across the ICRC.
- Ensuring a cohesive and compelling portfolio of ICT transformations, aligned with the overall technology and data strategy in support of ICRC's institutional and operational ambitions.
- Working towards the provision of an enabling environment for ICRC's engagement with partners within and beyond the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, including by creating relevant interoperability of systems and processes.
- Submit your CV and cover letter to the dedicated mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2021. Applications will be treated confidentially by the Executive Office of the Director-General and our chosen third-party executive search team.
- Expected start date in the role: April 2022 (allowing for transition period ahead of the official start of the new Directorate on 1 July 2022).
- The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.