Drives light vehicles and transports people and/or material as per instructions
• Ensures that passengers and cargo on board have all the necessary authorizations and documents available
• Drives light vehicles and transports people and/or material as per instructions
• Loads and unloads vehicles as necessary and ensures that the goods are loaded safely. Properly delivers cargo as requested and to obtains transport documents for all cargo transported
• Controls attributed vehicle and avoid misuse.
• Follows all internal ICRC and legal security and safety rules and regulations.
• Establishes and communicates through VHF/HF Radio systems as and when required.
• Is sensitive to security and road safety situation and reports any danger or incident to the Team Leader during field trips, and to his supervisor back at the delegation.
• Respects the local traffic law and is presenting the institution on the Road in a proper manner
• Avoids driving on hazardous roads or tracks.
• Carries out the daily vehicle condition checks and inventory of equipment and accessories of the assigned vehicle as per instructions.
• Maintains the vehicle equipment and reports immediately any need for replacement; Ensures permanent cleanliness of the vehicles
• Carries out daily maintenance and minor repair as and when required; Checks daily the general working and body conditions of the vehicle and its accessories.
• Maintains and carries out basic service of the vehicle during field trips.
• Performs field trip checks as per checklist and ensures timely preparation of vehicle as per standards.
• Drives in such a way that the fuel consumption is minimized (select proper gear etc.)
• Checks vehicle condition (ensure clean Air & Fuel-filter etc.) to minimize pollution.
• Ensures refuelling of vehicle without spilling fuel or oil on the ground
• Secondary School or Equivalent (G.C.S.E or Standard Grade Exam) or equivalent. Some college coursework completed.
• Additional vocational training in mechanics or other relevant field
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Light vehicle (Land cruiser) driver or in a similar position
• Good conversational in English and Arabic; Intermediate level in computer skills an asset
• Very good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
• Masters 4x4 driving and VHF Radio system use; Basic mechanical skills
• Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Team Work, Planning, Organization &
Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas) Security Management
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Juba
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application in English, to ICRC offices in Juba, Malakal, Bentiu, Yei, Bor and Wau or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org until Monday, 26th October 2020 to the HR Manager.
1.Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
2.CV, copies of certificates and copy of nationality ID. Please clearly mark the position title and the location in the subject title of your email.