Drivers provide logistical support to all ICRC operations in the Highlands region, in particular transporting people, materials and goods in the areas of responsibilities of the organization. Drivers also participate actively in a wide range of other activities according to ICRC needs.
The position will require frequent travel to remote areas of the region (more than 50% of the time).
- Ensure safe and timely transport of ICRC staff, goods and material in remote areas of the region
- Ensure maintenance, fueling and cleaning of ICRC vehicles
- Strictly apply security rules and procedures at all times
Selection Requirements and Profile
- Driving license (class 6)
- Experience in similar position of at least 2 years
- High school level or professional school of similar degree
- Excellent command of English and Pidgin (both written and spoken)
- Strong interest in humanitarian activities
- High ethical standards and professionalism
- Excellent knowledge of the Highland regions
- Good communications skills
Pease send your resume (providing at least three references) and a cover letter by mail or email to the address below before 24 November 2017. Please make sure to mention the reference title.
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
REF: DRIVER MOH 2017
Mount Kuta Road, Portion 488, Rabiamul
PO Box 955 Mt Hagen, Western Highlands Province
Phone: 542 1653
Fax: 542 1417
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.