The field officer is based in Yei mainly focusing on livelihoods, resilience, relief, nutrition, agriculture, livestock and other interventions, considering operational needs. With the help of the EcoSec Delegate/Deputy EcoSec Coordinator for Livelihood, the EcoSec generalist 2 ensures professional assessment, design and implementation of livelihoods, resilience (incl. agriculture, livestock, and fisheries), relief, nutrition related issues, monitors markets and trends (past and present) particularly in priority zones of South Sudan set by the Delegation. S/he provides support the EcoSec operation in terms of.
• Facilitates livelihoods and market related options: Identification of needs and geographical areas in collaboration with Sub-Delegations / Juba and conducts assessment (incl. nutrition aspects and different gender perspective), implementation and monitoring of EcoSec activities in the field with the help of the EcoSec Delegate.
• Advices and supports EcoSec Team with the implementation of agro, livestock and fisheries based small-scale livelihood support Initiatives. And contributes to the implementation of relevant emergency relief interventions.
• Provides regular updates to EcoSec Delegate on field security related issues, particularly the impact of displacement and conflict on the livelihoods, livestock, agriculture, fisheries, people's coping mechanisms with different gender perspective in the program location.
• Designs or adjusts data-collection tools; collects data using data-collection tools and devices; data entry and maintainance, including the EPMT.
• Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis; describes results and produces data visualizations.
• Collects and analyzes data on market prices by pusing methods that are in line with the household economy approach,
• Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options.
• Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building).
• Contributes to analysing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC.
• Organizes and facilitates trainings and provides technical supports to SSRC volunteers and beneficiaries when needed.
• Represents ICRC in relief, agro, livestock-fisheries sector meetings in the respective program location as advised by the EcoSec Delegate.
• Provides administrative; as filing, update of lists (staff movements & trainings), flight requests, maintenance requests, photocopies. Assists the Line Manager / EcoSec Delegate on any other requested duty.
• 'A' Level (Higher/Advanced Higher-Grade exam) or equivalent, completed college coursework, or an Associate Degree.
• Additional vocational training in livelihoods, socio-economic development, nutrition, women empowerment is an asset.
• 3-5 years of experience in related field (Community resilience projects, Women empowerment projects, Food security and nutrition projects, Agro or animal husbandry projects, CFW projects, Voucher projects in emergency or crises context).
• Good command of written and spoken English- able to write comprehensive reports. & Conversational Arabic.
• Advanced level in computer skills (Excel and Word).
• Skilled in the following competencies: Analysis & Synthesis, Planning & Organizing, Adapting & Learning; Communication (ability to express and exchange views and ideas); Representing the ICRC; Teamwork.
• Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment. Readiness to spend more than 50% of the time in the field.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Yei
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application in English, to ICRC offices in Juba, Malakal, Bentiu, Yei, Bor and Wau or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org until Monday, 26th October 2020 to the HR Manager.
1.Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
2.CV, copies of certificates and copy of nationality ID. Please clearly mark the position title in the subject title of your email.