PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Under the direct supervision of the Protection delegate, the field officer, who is based in the ICRC’s Tyr sub-delegation, covers the region of South Lebanon. He has responsibilities in the fields of networking, security analysis and Protection, with a specific focus on activities related to the Palestinian refugees’ file.
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar field, in particular with Palestinian refugees
- Proactive attitude, ability to “think out of the box”
- Good team spirit
- University degree
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Very good analytical skills
- Good computer skills
- Contributes to the design and implementation of Protection activities in coordination with her/his line manager, the Protection Delegate, in the framework of an integrating approach
- Maintains and develops contacts with relevant interlocutors at various levels, independently or with theProtection Delegate, such as with the Lebanese Army, the Internal Security Forces, political and non-state actors, religious representatives, the Lebanese Red Cross (LRC), the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS), and representatives of international humanitarian organizations, with a view to ensuring the ICRC’s acceptance and safety, and facilitating the implementation of its activities
- Represents the ICRC, presents its, mandate and activities, as well as the principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, to interlocutors and beneficiaries at a municipality and district level
- Analyses the political, security, socio-economic, and cultural situation in his area of responsibility
- Assesses the humanitarian consequences of situations of violence, when they arise
- Proposes orientations for the operations based on the humanitarian situation
- Contributes to written reporting
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working for one of the main humanitarian organization.
- Competitive employment package.
Please send your CV and cover letter to the below e-mail before June 10th, 2018, and mention the position you are applying for in the subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.