Within the framework of the priorities, objectives and strategies set by the Sub delegation, under the line management of the Health Delegate (Bor) technical supervision of the First Aid Delegate (Juba), the First Aid Field Officer supports in the development, organization, implementation, and follow up of ICRC's First Aid program in the assigned area.
- Supports development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for First-Aid (FA) trainings, working with state and non-state arms carriers to build their capacity on First Aid and life saving measures and to raise the profile of ICRC and identify priority groups for FA training.
- Conducts in collaboration with the Field Delegate First-Aid Training (FAT) to state and non-state arms carriers, insuring a good communication (translation/interpretation) with participants:
- Responsible for making necessary Request/Orders, stock keeping of FAT materials, getting required items ready for FAT sessions
- Assists on identifying Health Care in Danger (HCiD) allegations and Sexual Violence and PRP cases, through field activities and interlocutors in close collaboration with Field Delegate.
- Avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC's image.
- Undertakes follow-up visits to previously trained communities, or Groups monitors their activities and provides revision training on selected topics as agreed.
- Assists in the technical supervision and refresher training of Emergency First Aid Teams (EFAT) including monitoring skills levels, teaching skills and retraining as required.
- Degree in medicine or nursing.
- Additional studies in a relevant field (e.g. advanced first aid, emergency medicine, public health) a strong asset.
- Fluent in English and/or Arabic as well as in a local language of interest to the ICRC.
- Minimum 3 years' work experience in first aid and prehospital emergency medical care.
- Technical experience in training (first aid and prehospital).
- Solid experience in resource-limited settings with other organizations or stakeholders.
- Experience in prehospital and ambulance equipment.
- Good knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Bor
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit in English to ICRC offices in Juba, Malakal, Bentiu, Wau, Bor, Rumbek, and Yei or email: firstname.lastname@example.org until Wednesday, 30th September 2020.
1. Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email.