The Field Officer 2 contributes to the identification, implementation and monitoring of several ICRC projects in different fields of activities within the structure, in coordination with the structure's management. Depending on the context, it can cover Field, Protection, Assistance, Cooperation, Communication or other activities, contributing to the representation of the ICRC at local level.
- Contributes to implementation, or at times directly implements, and follow-up of various field activities, in accordance with objectives;
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, and the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC, sharing relevant information with colleagues and reports any change in the situation as per the structure's communication flow.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation with the projects and contributes to written reporting
- Facilitates and contributes to the work of delegates or other specialists, either internally or externally (internal or external meetings with authorities at local level, briefings on ICRC field activities, etc)
- Contributes to the development of the structure's network or of own network of contacts with local stakeholders.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independentlyMay ensure administrative and financial follow up after field missions
- High school or University degree or relevant professional experience;
- Typically, 3-5 years confirmed relevant internal/ external experience supporting projects and programs in similar fields.
- Fluent command of English and Arabic.
- Experience with international NGOs, and other humanitarian actors' contexts are strong assets.
- Computer literacy.
- Good knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Staff Integration Program.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Pibor
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit in English to ICRC offices in Juba, Malakal, Bentiu, Wau, Bor, Rumbek, Pibor and Yei or email: email@example.com until Wednesday, 30th September 2020.
1. Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email.