Position: Health Field Officer
Duration of Contract: 12 months fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal)
Location: Iraq – Khanaqin
Date of Issue: 01.04.2019
Deadline for applications: 15.04.2019
The purpose of the position is to ensure effective monitoring and supervision of the health programs under Khanaqin office by the office. The scope of the program include support to primary health care facilities, support to pre-hospital care (first aid training) and hospital care (ad hoc assistance to hospitals receiving weapon wounded casualties).
To ensure that the work of the Health department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the office in Khanaqin to implement its operations.
The successful candidate will need to deliver high standard results, be resilient and have a positive "can do" attitude
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
-Assess, identify and prioritize health needs in Khanaqin/Kirkuk AoR, and propose implementation strategies based on ICRC institutional priorities and MoH guidelines,
-Provide relevant assistance responses, monitor and adjust them as required,
-Ensure safe access to and continuum of care for targeted populations. Maps and links the ICRC's resources with existing, functioning local systems and mechanisms i.e. first responders, traditional birth attendants, ICRC health programs.
-Maintain network with local key stakeholders to ensure the efficient implementation of health programmes, represents the ICRC in relation to the local health authorities (DoH and health sector),
-In liaison with Protection and Communication departments, develop and implement Health Care in Danger - related initiatives.
-Communicate and report both internally and externally on the health context and population needs as well as on relevant local security and policy matters
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Medical Degree
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- License to practice in Iraq
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to draft reports clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Delivering at Pace, Team work ,Collaborating,
- People management
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies.
- Monitors own work to correct errors and shares relevant information.
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to (email@example.com)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and engagement is needed immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relation-ships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orienta-tion and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization
whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal
violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).