The HR Shared Services is a central administrative delivery function whose purpose is to supporting ICRC HQ and mobile employees with administrative procedures related to their professional life path within the ICRC. It is comprised of different services such as, HR Administration & Contracts, Global Mobility and other HR Specialists.
The HR Shared Service is structured in order to meet the needs for employee hiring, their onboarding, their mission organisation as well as all matters relating to their HR administrative management.
Within the Shared Services, the HRSS Payroll Officer is responsible for calculating, processing and payment of certain benefits, allowances and incentives. He/She is also responsible for responding to requests and questions relating to salary components on salary sheets. He/she will contribute to impact analysis of future payroll activities and changes as well as helping the Contracts and Administration sector and other SMEs by advising and training them on payroll – related process impacts in line with the ICRC policies and Swiss Labour Laws.
- Process payroll-related transactions correctly, and on time, in the system including (but may not be limited to) additional luggage insurances, reimbursement of medical expenses and school registration fees, loss of earnings due to accident, teleworking, vacation balance, per diem and apprentice and seniority bonus payments, relocation allowances or reimbursements, and R&R travel allowance of employees under Geneva contract (Headquarters and Mobile)
- Process retroactive payments of benefits, mobility allowances and incentives for beginning and end of missions of employees under Geneva contract (Headquarters and Mobile)
- Sends out Negative Balance Warning to former employees
- Generates from the Payroll system and provides salary sheets and certificates upon employee request
- Responds to queries correctly and on time, about salary deductions or other salary components in the salary sheets received from the employees through the HR Ticketing system or via phone, end escalates to SMEs or other stakeholders if required
- Liaises with the GVA Payroll Team in exceptional approvals, disputes or disagreements
- Develops and keeps documents and processes up to date, adapts payroll processes following changes in legislation or internal regulations and guidelines
- Develops and updates quality control mechanisms necessary.
- Participates in internal and external audits
- Upholds Data Protection and Data Privacy laws in contexts where ICRC operates as well as internal ICRC Data Protection regulations
- Provides support and guidance to other HR Administration teams in relation to Payroll processes, providing inputs for process improvements
- University degree in HR or Business Administration
- At least 2 years experience working within Payroll Administration with knowledge of administrative aspects related to contractual obligations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, good conduct of French an asset
- Excellent computer literacy (Excel, Word)
- Experience using and knowledge of HR Information systems, in particular Meta4PeopleNet and/or Success Factors (SAP) considered an asset
- Exceptional customer service orientation: ability to apply, implement and enforce a defined framework, deal with the requests of employees, and other stakeholders while ensuring to maintain an open and engaging communication.
- Ability to perform tasks taking into account the priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to escalate relevant information to the team lead or SMEs.
- Excellent ability to interpret, to link and analyse information to understand situations and problems.
- Ability to present information and concepts clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyse the needs and make proposals for the process improvement.
What we offer:
- Diverse and humanitarian-minded workforce
- An opportunity to contribute to institutional efforts to protect and assist conflict victims worldwide
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their updated and comprehensive resume and motivation letter in one pdf file to email@example.com, following this format for the subject line: SURNAME First Name – HR Payroll Officer.
Deadline of application: 07 June 2019
Start Date: Immediately
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.