The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation in Addis Ababa is looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill up the following vacant position based in Addis Ababa.
Head of ICT Unit
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Under the Direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Delegation, and the functional supervision of the Regional ICT Head for Africa, the Head of ICT Unit will be responsible for the following activities:
- The Head of ICT Unit is in charge of ICRC Ethiopia's ICT Department, manages a medium sized ICT Infrastructure and services in the country. In this capacity, he/she is responsible to plan, coordinate and mobilize necessary resources to maintain, support and improve the ICT set-up of ICRC Ethiopia' Offices.
- He/She is accountable to guaranty the level of service and business continuity as per defined Standard Operations Procedures and Service Level Agreement.
- He/She ensures ICT Infrastructure is functional, set-up according to ICRC Standards, respects local rules and regulations, and properly exploited
- He/She ensures that ICT policies, rules and procedures are in place, respected and adapted to the context and operational needs
- He/She negotiates contracts and facilities with ICT Services Providers in his/her Area of Responsibility, and defends the ICRC's interests
- He/She manages, leads and coaches a team of ICT Technicians and Radio Operators;
- Plans and supervises the installation and maintenance of telephone switchboards, phone sets, fax machines, operator consoles, etc.
- Plans and supervises the installation and maintenance of radio equipment for voice and data transmission and their antenna systems in vehicles, delegations/office, repeater sites, etc.
- Represents the ICT unit with senior management and extends technical support and services to all users on relevant ICRC standard hardware and software systems and applications including installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting desktop/laptop/tablet, printer and end user devices hardware and software, including configuring for Local Area Network connectivity, desktop operating systems, Lotus Notes, Database systems, Internet Web applications, and various security and client applications. (technical support accounts for 40% of the this overall unit management and coordination role)
Educational Background, Work Experience, Competencies
- B.Sc. (preferably M.Sc.) in ICT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar fields
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar function
- Fluent in English and Amharic; French language is an asset
- Capacity to operate and troubleshoot the ICT Infrastructure (IT and Telecommunication) using available knowledge base, guidelines and procedures
- Strong troubleshooting skills and innovative approach to problem solving
- Proven knowledge in Computer hardware, software and Networks (Windows 8.1, 10; Windows Server 2012 or 2016; Web based applications, Databases, LAN and WAN)
- Proven knowledge in Telecommunication field (VHF, HF, VSAT, Telephony, etc)
- Proven knowledge in ICT Service Management (Conversant with ITIL Best Practices or similar)
- Advanced managerial knowledge to lead a team and to realize medium size ICT Projects
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Strong sense of responsibility; ability to take initiatives and work independently or in a team
- Strong commitment for self-education and continuous learning in ICT related fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Able to travel within Ethiopia and abroad whenever needed, on a very short notice.
- Driving License (3rd grade OR Automobile Category) with driving experience.
Interested applicants can submit ONLY application/cover letter and CV to Add_recruitment_services@icrc.org. Please use Head of ICT Unit on the subject line.
Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (on the road from Megenagna to CMC, around Century Mall) OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date for application: Tuesday, APRIL 21, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.