Are you a Linux and Java stack expert who is interested in making a change with the work you do? Then this opportunity is for you! The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for an ICT Applications and System Administrator based in Belgrade (resident position) to ensure the smooth running of global ICT solutions-in-production, and to provide end-users with 24/7 quality service and high systems availability.
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence.
You will contribute to an electronic health records tool that will enable ICRC health care workers to follow up with their patients and to monitor the quality of health services.
You will play an important role in providing a second level support, from Operation, User/peer Support, Maintenance and Debugging, to performance analysis for the ICRC internally or externally hosted solutions.
You will provide administrative support to ICRC's worldwide ICT system operations by ensuring that all deployed applications operate accurately and follow operational procedures, and that solutions-in-production are available, prioritizing therefore high quality of service to users.
You will help resolve incoming incidents and requests all while guaranteeing that resolution time commitments are met according to the service and operational level agreements (SLAs and OLAs).
- Provide remote support to local server (Linux-based), installed in hospitals and physio rehabilitation centers ;
- Monitor, identify, anticipate and document problems related to ICT solutions by providing service quality, efficiency and security, while respecting operating ICT defined methods
- Establish and maintain relationships with the business team to follow up the evolving functional application;
- Apply the procedures developed by the engineering team, so that systems are kept operating as designed.
- Take into account planned requests (standard requests), and respect established and committed timelines
- Install standard software updates in accordance with plans and procedures, and help continuously improve ICRC's ICT operations, including supporting ICT Teams in the operational field in the use of global and centrally run ICT solutions
- Participate in transition phased projects, and in release & deployment of new features/versions (testing and remote training), as well as assume the responsibility of more complicated tasks when required
- Install, move to production, run and maintain the ICT infrastructure available across the ICRC (outside physical network equipment) by collaborating with the Infrastructure team to provide the accurate level of operations and support for the differently used ICRC software
- As part of a team providing 24/7 coverage (in Belgrade only), support the work in shifts procedures and schedule as set in the staff regulations
- Maintain and resolve issues related to the different tools and devices provided to both ICRC and non-ICRC users
- Maintain and support internal professional relationships within the ICT team (Service Desk, SysAdmins, AppsAdmins and ICT Field teams) as well as with all the other ICT members within the organization
In addition to this, you will report directly to the ICT head of Global Service Support, creating knowledge documents when relevant in the Service Desk tool (ticketing); maintain and enrich the Knowledge Database which is available on the support website; report unsolved /or complex cases or evolutions to the project and maintenance team (Functional/technical) in Geneva; identify, investigate and document recurrent data and technical/functional issues; update operating documentation (build new one when needed); provide ICT systems availability periodic reports upon request as well as capacity and resource usage reports to proactively react to extension/upgrade needs.
You will also supervise changes and events, and report on them, within the scope of your activity, to the direct superior so as to enable the establishment of objectives and priorities.
You are a holder of an IT engineering degree(or equivalent), possess an ITIL certification and have an excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
Required professional experience
- 3-5 years' professional experience in the IT field, with minimum 1 year of application administration;
- Proven experience using a corporate service-management (ticketing) tool;
- Minimum 2 years supporting applications with Java stack on Linux environment including Tomcat, MySQL or PostgreSQL and Apache servers;
- Experience with Linux administration and data management.
You have good interpersonal skills and are able to coordinate with partners across different teams (internal or external), with or without direct hierarchical relation, for specific support activities. You are able to work in multi-cultural teams as well as independently, have very good analytical skills and are able to meet short target timelines. You are end-user service oriented, well-organized, forward-thinking, reliable and flexible.
We would be pleased if you have experience in any of the following:
- Knowledge of Docker ; Electronic Medical Records and/or Health Information Systems and/or Enterprise resource planning;
- Experience working with OpenMRS, Odoo, WSO2 Identity Server and/or DHIS2; J2EE messaging stack including JMS (ActiveMQ) and Apache Camel; Python;
- Experience with help desk procedures, corporate service management tools (Ticketing tool, JIRA, TFS), user support and supporting remotely deployed application for external partners.
- Knowledge of French and / or Spanish is considered an asset.
- Previous experience working with open-source platforms in IT Services Business Process Outsourcing or in Medical and/ or Humanitarian activities, including low resource settings, is a strong advantage
What we Offer
- A work and dynamic professional development in an exciting international environment with training packages
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package with health insurance
- An open-ended contract with the possibility of partial homeworking
Qualified applicants are requested to send us your CV and motivation letter, exclusively in English, by email only, to: firstname.lastname@example.org (specify position name at your email title).
Applicants should only send in CV and cover letters, salary expectations should not be mentioned.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.