Internship Opportunity: Audio-visual and Digital Intern
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager, the Audio-visual and Digital Intern will support the ICRC’s public communication efforts in producing informative and engaging content. S/he will assist the Communication Manager in the management of the South African delegation’s online presence.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to digital engagement, gathering and editing of content;
- Maintains updated media and supplier contact lists;
- Design and layout of factsheets and infographics for social media
- Independently performs thematic research and analysis;
- Participates in project/program reporting;
- Develops or participates in the development of campaigns;
- Participates in department planning meetings;
- Participates in the planning and organising of department and delegation events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS
- Recent post graduate digital marketing, journalism or audio-visual production student or applicants currently enrolled in a post graduate digital marketing, journalism or audio-visual production degree.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of visual and written storytelling as well as digital marketing and engagement. Knowledge or experience of graphic design is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the ICRC and its activities.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Advanced level in using Drupal as well as Adobe Premier or any other video editing software.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
The Intern must remain adaptable and flexible enough to take on new tasks as they may arise. In particular, the intern provides administrative and organisational assistance to the Communication department.
Two days per week with the flexibility of remote working due to COVID-19.
Two months (Monday, 4 October 2021 – Friday, 26 November 2021)
HOW TO APPLY
- Send your CV, motivational letter as well as copies of your qualifications to: email@example.com
- Applications close on: 10 September 2021