The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC's regional delegation in Brasilia, which covers Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay, is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Assistant & Information Management Officer
As an Assistant & Information Management Officer, you will be part of the Information Management team. You will provide high-level administrative support to the regional delegation and oversee management of the information that flows through it, under the supervision of the executive assistant.
The regional delegation in Brasilia responds to the needs of people who have been affected by armed conflict and promotes international humanitarian law and human rights related to law enforcement. We have six operational priorities for the region: mitigating the overall impact of armed conflict and other violence on people's ability to meet their essential needs and the specific impact on essential public services, providing assistance related to missing people and their families and in the areas of migration and conditions of detention, cooperating with our partners in the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and promoting international humanitarian law and human rights law.
Description of duties
• Act as the IT super user, creating IT profiles, managing access rights, etc.
• Carry out general secretarial tasks, such as sending and receiving mail
• Coordinate, manage and oversee the use of a range of collaborative reference tools and databases, for example by deciding on their structure, setting and enforcing rules for them, and providing training and support on them
• Give information management briefings to help train new staff on information management
• Provide support on written protocol, correspondence and the visual identity
• Filter and categorize information, in support of the person in charge, bearing in mind the delegation's objectives and drawing on a good knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and an up-to-date knowledge of the structure and members of the government, and other relevant organizations
• Update timelines, the team calendar and other scheduling tools
• Ensure that organizational charts and department lists are updated
• Update the management's database of contacts and ensure that department contact databases are updated, to maintain an active network of useful contacts for the ICRC
• Hold regular information management training sessions and workshops for focal points in Brasilia
• Provide general end-user support on ICRC tools and information management procedures
• Manage, update and organize stocks of information management publications and materials
• a university degree or equivalent training or experience
• an excellent command of Portuguese, English and Spanish, particularly in formal correspondence (required)
• knowledge of French (an asset)
• advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes
• experience in an executive support role at an international organization or multinational company
• experience organizing courses and events (an asset)
• knowledge of the mission and activities of the ICRC
• availability for work-related travel outside Brazil
• a Brazilian work visa or are a citizen of one of the MERCOSUR or associated countries.
• excellent at organizing and prioritizing
• flexible and adapt easily to change
• a self-starter, solution-oriented, able to think outside the box, able to motivate others
• empathetic and a good listener
• excellent at communicating, analysing and presenting
• able to work in teams with people from different cultures.
What we offer
• An employer that values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment – the ICRC accepts applications from all qualified candidates
• The chance to work for the most respected humanitarian organization in the world
• The opportunity to have an impact and shape the future of the information management team and the regional delegation
• Exciting opportunities for professional development and an attractive benefits package
• A diverse global workforce
• Location: the ICRC's regional delegation in Brasilia, Brazil
• Start date: May 2021
• 40 hours per week
• Open-ended contract
Applicants should email their CV/resume and cover letter, along with their salary expectations and professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line of the email, please put Assistant & Information Management Officer and then your name. Application deadline: 25 April 2021