Job Opportunity: Assistant & Information Management Officer in Cairo
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Cairo is looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancy of Assistant & Information Management Officer.
- Is responsible for information management in the delegation:
- Organizes and manages the coherent and efficient information flow (internal & external),
- Writes and revises information management and communication procedures and guidelines,
- Implements and monitors projects related to ICRC information environment strategy,
- Proposes changes and improvements in order to ensure the right treatment and sharing of documents,
- Keeps various databases and lists updated,
- Makes sure that institutional documents are properly filed,
- Trains and supports users on all topics related to information management.
- Is the reference person for the following: ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and intermediary archiving and how to use standard computer technology.
- Ensure compliance with the rules of visual identity in external presentations, letterheads, etc.
- Ensures that all users apply ICRC related policy and procedures.
- Trains, supervises, and supports the staff under her/his responsibility and implement whatever changes are needed to ensure optimal performance.
- Supports the head of the delegation and the management team
- Acts as a facilitator within the management team and eases
- the decision-making process, ensuring a coordinated and consistent workflow
- Is responsible for the general secretarial work of the management and will, amongst other tasks,
- Distribute or manage paper and electronic mail, and ensure filling.
- Create and proofread documents in Arabic, English, and French is a plus,
- Translate simple documents from English to Arabic and vice versa,
- Manage the agenda of the management and external contacts,
- Organise and prepare meetings with external interlocutors,
- Take minutes of meetings if requested.
- University degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years' work experience in a similar function with a good reference.
- Information management,records management and secretarial expertise.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic. Very good oral and written communication skills in English. French is a plus.
- Very good computer skills, incl. Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in using collaboration tools/platforms, the Internet, etc.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Excellent organizational, methodical abilities.
- A sense of initiative, pro-activeness and setting priorities.
- Flexibility, patience, diplomacy resistance to stress inherent in a "multi-tasking" job and capacity to adapt to changes.
- Very good communication skills and being at ease with internal and external interlocutors.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Interest in humanitarian activities (especially ICRC's).
- Flexibility to travel.
Please submit your cover letter and CV not later than 16 August 2018 to:
Only complete files matching with the profile will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.