Job opportunity: Cooperation Field Officer in Cairo
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in Cairo is looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of Cooperation Field Officer.
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- University degree.
- Minimum 3 – 4 years' experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience working for the ICRC or another Movement component (National Red Cross/Red Crescent Societies and/or International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) an asset.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
- Computer proficiency.
- Very good communication skills.
Responsibilities & tasks:
- Contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the Egyptian Red Crescent (ERC) by working closely with colleagues and the ERC to develop joint procedures and operational arrangements.
- The Cooperation Field Officer (Coop FO), under the supervision of the Cooperation coordinator, ensures the overall management of the Cooperation Department, as well as the representation thereof, both internally and externally.
- The Coop FO assists and advises the Cooperation Coordinator and the Management (in the absence of the Cooperation Coordinator) in all matters pertaining the ERC as well as its relationship with the ICRC in Egypt.
- The Coop FO is involved in all institutional talks with the ERC, with particular emphasis to the discussions on an institutionalized cooperation and on the implementation of the action plans.
- Contributes to relationship building, trust and mutual respect between the ICRC and the ERC, by promoting coherence of the ICRC approach towards the development of the National Society (NS), by encouraging the developments of operational partnerships with NS whenever it could result in improved impact on the humanitarian response. Contributes to the implementation and the running of projects/programmes, mainly independently.
- Contributes to the implementation of an integrated approach and streamlining within the ICRC Delegation and guarantees the consideration of the Capacity building elements in ICRC joint activities with the National Society.
- Performs administrative tasks related to the cooperation with the National Society as necessary.
Start of work: As soon as possible.
Please submit your application (letter of motivation and CV) not later than 16 August 2018 only to:
Only complete applications matching the required selection criteria will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.