WHO ARE WE?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has been present in Lebanon since 1967 and has carried out its humanitarian work through different periods of conflict, including Lebanon's 15-year-long civil war from 1975–1990. We are currently responding to the rapidly growing needs of displaced people fleeing war and violence across the region into Lebanon as well as the local communities hosting them.
Our activities on behalf of people affected by war and violence include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring people affected by conflict can get basic health care that meets universally recognized standards
- Building respect for the law
- Securing humane treatment and conditions of detainees
- Restoring economic security through assisting communities and individuals in covering their essential needs with dignity
- Providing access to basic services such as water and electricity
- Supporting the families of the missing persons in the search for their loved ones
We are based in Beirut and have offices in Tripoli, Tyr, and Zahlé.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Under the supervision of the Field Delegate, contributes to networking, security assessment, and assisting with the implementation of ICRC activities, as outlined in the Planning for Results objectives.
4-6 years' work experience in a similar field.
Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Good computer skills
Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
Good analytical skills
Assists the delegate in running field activities for specific sectors
Maintains contacts with authorities at a municipal level, local Red Cross Branches, population, suppliers, etc.
Presents the ICRC principles, mandate and activities to interlocutors and beneficiaries
Plans and organizes field trips
WHAT WE OFFER
Working for one of the main humanitarian organization.
Competitive employment package.
Open ended contract
Please send your CV and cover letter to "email@example.com" before April 12, 2017,
and mention the position you are applying for in the subject. Only short-listed candidates
will be contacted