The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Cairo is looking for suitable candidates to fill the Human Resources Officer vacancy.
The HR Officer is accountable for providing professional HR support, services and advice to all Delegation staff members in line with institutional HR Strategy, in order to enable line managers and employees to adequately respond to the operational challenges.
Start date: As soon as possible
- Ensures HR processes are implemented and HR services (recruitment, HR administration, training, staff health and well-being) delivered according to ICRC policies and guidelines, and are compliant with local legislation.
- Guides staff members in all steps of their lifecycle within the Institution, in either administrative HR or professional development areas.
- Translates operational needs and challenges into local HR strategy and priorities; implements the corresponding action plan validated for the Delegation.
- Advises and coaches Line Managers in the execution of their people management accountability.
- Implements ad-hoc HR projects and initiatives.
- Facilitates the collaboration and communication between the Delegation and HR HQ units or Regional Human Resources Manager (functional supervisor).
- Creates and maintains internal communication channels and tools with the (staff meetings, notice board, employee representatives, org charts, surveys etc.); communicates and promotes the role of HR to all staff members.
- Develops and maintains a solid knowledge of local labor market and recruitment channels, as well as an overview of the availability of local talents.
- Anticipates HR needs and scenarios to align with operational evolution and/or contingency plans.
- Contributes to drafting local staff policies/ HR tools (including salaries, promotion, staff files, and medical files), and implements them.
- Ensures the administrative follow-up of HR - related issues (conflict management, training etc.).
- Acts as a focal point for employees on general HR - management issues.
- University degree.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in a similar function.
- Diploma in Human Resources is an asset
- Fluent knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic. French an asset
- Very good computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedures.
- A capacity of treating information confidentially.
- Very good negotiation skills.
Please submit your application (letter of motivation and CV) no later than 30 June 3018 to:
Only complete applications matching the required selection criteria will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.